Tuesday, May 26, 2009

THE LOCS ARE BORN!


We started on December 5. 2008. Here I am right before I left for my installation. I started with about 2 inches of natural hair and 7-8 inches of relaxed ends.

We sat for 8 hours the first day, 10 hours the second day and 7 hours the final day. The process was long, but 25 hours later I was an official member of the sisterlock family.


I stood an inspected the finished product. It definitely was... different. I remember standing in the mirror and thinking "What have I done?" Then I remembered the countless blogs I had read from others that felt the same way. I kept telling myself that things would get better and to just be patient.


MY POOR HAIRLINE!
...unfortunately, by the time I got home that night, I was convinced I had made a mistake. My hairline started at my ears! I never left the house without bangs and now my forehead was just smiling at everyone. What was I thinking? My hair didn't remotely look like the ladies I had seen in the pictures. I was devastated. Inspecting my hairline became a daily habit, and I felt like my hair would never grow in. Thankfully, I was wrong. It took some time, but eventually, the love/hate relationship I had with my locs started moving more towards love. It was a long journey though...

2 comments:

  1. how are you edges doing now? like you, i have thi hair and thin hairline. i can see that mine is filling but it seems like it's taking foever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hairline is coming in very slowly. I hear that it just takes time. I have been taking Silica and drinking carrot juice. I have heard that rosemary oil is also good, but you have to be careful to avoid buildup!

    ReplyDelete