Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Battle Continues

In my quest to get my hairline back, it appears that I have completely traumatized my scalp, and I am suffering from TERRIBLE dandruff still. After scouring the internet for natural remedies, I have most recently stumbled across the "wonder combo": Aloe Vera Gel and Tea Tree Oil. This is a tricky combination as too much Tea Tree oil can have a drying effect which can make the dandruff worse, and with my relaxed curl pattern, I still have quite a bit of hair that has not even THOUGHT about locking. Thus, I have to use a light hand when applying the Aloe Vera Gel. It's been reported that Aloe Vera Gel can aid in growth as well, so it's worth a shot.... I will keep you posted on what happens.



I also found a new best friend as I was shopping for herbal dandruff remedies: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat and Giovanni 50/50 Balanced Shampoo. Each have become staples in my hair care regimen. The Tea Tree Shampoo helps soothe my itchy, flaky, healing scalp and the 50/50 gives me the clarifying properties I need with just enough moisture. It doesn't cause my locks to unravel. All of their products are natural (no dyes, perfumes, additives, chemicals or preservatives), and they last a long time. They can be a little pricey (around $8.00 a bottle), but it is well worth it. I am actually looking forward to trying some of their other products for the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment