Sunday, March 7, 2010

Back to Hair


So now that I was on my path to enlightenment, I needed to continue to focus on my hair journey. Since some personal setbacks hit at the end of 2009, my diet and exercise regimen had gone down the tubes, but I decided to work on my inner self throughout the winter and plan to re-connect with my body when the weather warmed up (I hate the gym. I would rather exercise around nature).

In the meantime, I decided to re-visit a strict vitamin regimen to see if it made a difference. I am typically a "slow grower" (about 1/8" a month), so anything I can do to speed up the process would make me ecstatic. I did some research on the web, and decided to try Hairtopia. To date, I can not report any results, but the intial pros and cons are as follows:

Pros: Quite a few reviews claim they are effective.
Cons: It is a LOT of pills... 10 A DAY!!!! They can cause stomach upset and elevated body temperature. You MUST take them with food and drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. I have noticed that they increase the appetite. I would advise against using them if trying to lose weight simultaneously. Luckily, I am petite, but I find that I have to keep healthy snacks around or I will splurge. Finally, they make your hair grow EVERYWHERE! I have to visit the waxing salon a lot more frequently these days. I even found a hair growing out of my neck! I was mortified! Pretty soon I will look like this:
Remember Cousin It from the Addams Family???


No comments:

Post a Comment