Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Saga Continues...



After the "Great Whack Job" of June 2009, I struggled heavily with my love/hate relationship with my hair. Never being one to like short hair on myself, I found myself experiencing varying episodes of low self esteem. Good Hair Days or Bad Hair Days were no longer in my control, and I was forced to just let my hair do what it was going to do. Thankfully, as time progressed, I began to experience what it felt like to live the freedom of a chemical-free lifestyle. My full appreciation came to fruition during a vacation to the Carribean in November 2009. This was the first time I was truly able to enjoy a vacation without worrying about my hair. It felt amazing to be able to jump in the ocean or pool without enduring 3 hours of repair work afterwards. I was able to live an active lifestyle without the constant worry of my hair "going back" to its natural state. I had finally fully accepted my hair. Little did I know, this newfound joy would be short-lived.




No comments:

Post a Comment