Saturday, March 27, 2010

Back to Hair

It's been a couple of weeks since I last posted, even longer since I gave a hair update. I have been keeping track of my healing process, and I am happy to see that the hair in my donor site is starting to come in nicely. I have also been tracking my natural hair texture since I will be able to see it as it comes in.

The only thing I can say is... If I knew then what I know now... I would have NEVER put chemicals in my hair! I just remember how I thought my hair was "nappy" and how I wanted silky hair cascading down my back. Now that I see my natural texture, my hair's curl pattern really isn't that tight, quite pretty actually.

Oh well! Better late than never!

I took this pic before a re-tightening session. Since my hair has quite a relaxed curl pattern, I have to retihten avery 4 weeks. I still have sections of hair that come completely aloose after a year. The amazing news is that you can hardly tell that a few weeks before, I had a baseball like stitch crawling across my scalp! The hair is filling in quite nicely. You can also really see the texture. See my little curly q's?
I am a little apprehensive about the stages of my hair, because the donor site will have to endure the whole locking process again (which has taken in excess of a year). Obviously it was too short to lock, so I had to come up with some creative ways to mask the gash!!

No comments:

Post a Comment