Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hairline Update

So I have been trying to make the best of the hairline situation, and for the life of me I don't detect any growth. Most recently, I have been itching like crazy and had had unbelievable dandruff. According to a dermatologist (it helps to work with them every day), the "shedding" is probably a sign of activity going on below the epidermis (scalp), i.e. growth. She thinks that the new hairs that are trying to emerge are causing my skin to go haywire.


It makes sense, but it is SO embarassing! I have been trying to use a dandruff shampoo, but I can't really wash my hair as frequently as I like because my edges have not locked yet due to my hair texture. So I am left to either deal with the flaking and keep my hair from unraveling or wash every 4 -5 days and sport my UN-locs (he, he!). Homer Simpson said it best...D'OH!!!!



Everybody sing... Dashing through the snow... The dandruff is kinda gross, but here's my current hairline. As you can see it's quite red and inflamed. It's so itchy! Is it growing? I can't really tell because I look at it every day!!!! Stay tuned... I will add some comparison shots in a later post.


No comments:

Post a Comment