Sunday, March 7, 2010

Enlightenment

It's hard to believe that we are already into the third month of 2010. I must admit that 2010 has proven to be a year of many challenges. Of course, with the hair, I am in the midst of the waiting game. I have now returned to my pre-transplant hairline (which is normal), and I am ridiculously frustrated. A watched pot never boils, but between the gash in the back of my head from the donor site and the hairline that appears to be receding even more, I am once again struggling with self esteem.

I have chosen the symbol of the butterfly to represent me during this time of transition, because they start off as something seemingly ugly but end up as something beautiful. Unfortunately, I feel like I am in my ugly stage. I am hoping this part of my life will pass quickly...




5 comments:

  1. I understand how it feels! I just llo0st a LARGE amount of the front of my hair after having a baby and I feel so self conscious. It happened to my loose naps as well after I had my first child, and it took a while to return. Now that I have locks, it seems so much worse, because instead of seeing the hairs fall individually over time, I see 1 big lock fall out (now up to about 8 down) all on the temples... Ugh. I am trying to stay positive as well! I will try to think of the butterfly analogy, because its getting a little grim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow.Your illness is terrible. I only have anemia and the fatigue is draining me.Thank you for sharing this with us, I have a friend with lupus but our relationship is online, I had no clue how bad it gets.I'll be watching your metamorphosis and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your not ugly, very beautiful. The locs will come the way you want unfortualty its longer than you want. you have the confidence and strength to wear them and you know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous, I know who you are!!! Thanks for the West Coast love!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete